[ExI] nanogeezers again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:01:01 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 9:51 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't a clear spherical container be more random? Like the lottery
> machines,

It would be more uniform in bounce surface geometry, for sure.  "More
random" is an interesting phrase... like "more perfect" i'm not sure you
can have more or less of a pure state.

The inside of a sphere might be ideal for the shuffling phase of randomly
orienting the nanogeezer, but I think the curvature will greatly influence
the landing phase.

There might be a reason philosophers have pondered this ratio for
millenia.  Perhaps we should instead build then ask recursively improving
artificial intelligence to solve this one? :p