[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 21:36:14 UTC 2017

John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

 > Am I correct in saying you are arguing if the internal operation of a
neuron has changed then that counts as a change in behaviour even if the
neuron as a whole behaves the same way with other external neurons, and
even if the person as a whole behaves the same way with other external
people?

I suspect that this is the crux of the matter. That Brent thinks it
makes a difference what goes on inside a black box, so that two
different black boxes with different internal processing but the same
interfaces, are somehow producing different behaviour, even though that
is demonstrably false.

 > I sometimes have trouble following you ...
You and me both. I await his response to your question with interest. He
seems to show no inclination to respond to my questions, but perhaps
you'll have better luck.

Ben Zaiboc