[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:11:22 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com>
wrote:

​> ​
> Since you seem to be hung up on the longevity metric,

​Yes silly me, I think living longer is often a rather good idea,
especially if it cost less than dying sooner.

> ​> ​
> I would remind you that correlation does not imply causation,

​Yes and it's just a coincidence that ​the top 30 countries in longevity
have a simple single payer plan that cost half as much as the USA's super
complex and confusing plan, and it's also just a coincidence that those 30
countries live longer too.

If you believe that there is a bridge I'd like to sell you.

> ​> ​
> and that one stat you're bandying about does not tell the whole picture.

​Why the hell not? What statistic is more important than cost versus life
expectancy? ​

​> ​
> It is not as simple as saying the AVERAGE citizen lives longer and on the
> surface it costs less, so it is an open and shut case, single payer wins
> and is the reason they are living longer.  If you truly believe that, I
> guess I don't have much else to say on the topic.

​I don't ​think anybody who valued the scientific method more than they
valued ANY political ideology would write the above. Sometimes a rational
person must be ruthless, so I will show a theory that doesn't fit the facts
no mercy regardless of the emotional attachment I may have for it.

  John K Clark