[ExI] Blasphemy

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed May 10 20:11:01 UTC 2017

Actor ​
Stephen Fry
​was investigated for blasphemy by Irish police because when asked
what he would say if he was confronted by God Fry replied:

*"How dare you create a world in which there is such misery that is not our
fault? It's not right. It's utterly, utterly evil.​ Why should I respect a
capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world which is so full of
injustice and pain?​ Bone cancer in children? What's that about?'​ The God
who created this universe, if it was created by God, is quite clearly a
maniac, utter maniac.Totally selfish. We have to spend our life on our
knees thanking him? What kind of God would do that?*"

​In support of Fry ​
Richard Dawkins  challenged Irish police to arrest him for blasphemy
​, he said​

​:

* “I shall be giving a public lecture in the National Concert Hall, Dublin,
on June 12th, and I shall therefore be available for arrest on a charge of
blasphemy​. The Irish blasphemy law must go. An embarrassment to the
civilized world, it encourages the uncivilized one.”*

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/stephen-fry-
blasphemy-ireland-probe-investigation-richard-dawkins-arrest-a7728321.html

  John K Clark