[ExI] Blasphemy

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 10 20:41:47 UTC 2017

On 10 May 2017 at 21:11, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actor Stephen Fry
> was investigated for blasphemy by Irish police because when asked
> what he would say if he was confronted by God Fry replied:
>
> "How dare you create a world in which there is such misery that is not our
> fault? It's not right. It's utterly, utterly evil.
>
> Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a
> world which is so full of injustice and pain?
<snip>

The UK satirists have been having a field day with this.

e.g.
Ireland investigated for blasphemy against Stephen Fry
<http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2017/05/08/ireland-investigated-for-blasphemy-against-stephen-fry/>

God issued subpoena in Stephen Fry case
<http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2017/05/08/god-issued-subpoena-in-stephen-fry-case/>

Ireland accused of blasphemy for questioning Stephen Fry
<http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/ireland-accused-of-blasphemy-for-questioning-stephen-fry-20170508127248>

BillK  :)