[ExI] 48th anniversary of apollo 10

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri May 19 14:33:25 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:38 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] 48th anniversary of apollo 10

http://www.space.com/36886-apollo-10-nasa-moon-landing-rehearsal-mission-in-photos.html?utm_source=notification

>>... We sold the pile of newspapers but I walked away with most of the
> sales.  I made more money than my 8 yr old self knew what to do with.
> Fond memories of a misspent childhood are these.
>

>...Yea, you were rich!  :)
25 cents in 1969 would be worth about 1.70 USD in 2017. So you had the equivalent of several hundred dollars in today's funny money.

>...BillK

Ja, it depends on how you look at it.  I have been into computers as a hobby since they first showed up in 1978, reject AppleII motherboards which overheated in test.  I was hooked the first time I saw one operate: motorized algebra!  Back in those days, a fortune would buy very little computing power.  From that view, theirs was funny money, ours is real.