[ExI] 48th anniversary of apollo 10

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri May 19 15:41:41 UTC 2017

On 19 May 2017 at 15:33, spike  wrote:
> Ja, it depends on how you look at it.  I have been into computers as a hobby since
> they first showed up in 1978, reject Apple II motherboards which overheated in test.
> I was hooked the first time I saw one operate: motorized algebra!  Back in those days,
> a fortune would buy very little computing power.
> From that view, theirs was funny money, ours is real.

Computers are a special case (as you know, of course).
In 1972 an 18oz. box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes cost 37 cents. In 2014
it cost $4.19.

On the other hand if you go back in time you could buy many things
that you can't nowadays (legally, anyway).
e.g. slaves, laudanum, radium watches, lead pipes, etc. etc.

Your childhood riches would have bought chocolate bars beyond the
dreams of avarice.  :)

BillK