[ExI] letter

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Sun May 21 11:00:08 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 4:15 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Our view of Trump comes from the section of the population where life
> is pretty much AOK.
> Trump supporters come mostly from middle America where life is an
> ongoing disaster.
> The Democrats made the big mistake of ignoring the miserable
> conditions of life in middle America.
> Trump is a result of earlier bad government.
> Government needs to be for ALL the people.
>
> BillK

My view of Trump comes from the lower middle class. My parents have to
decide every year if they want to spend their tax returns on their
teeth, or on their cars. My parents couldn't afford a house so we
moved into an "RV" and I don't mean one of those fancy-pants
old-retiree ones either. I mean that it was meant to be lived in 8
weeks a year, for two years, and replaced. We lived in it for 5 years.
By the end we had no toilet, no hot water, no air conditioning, and
one working electrical outlet. Bugs crawled in through the hatch next
to my bed, and walked all over me.

Growing up, my parents were on food stamps for a while. I always
qualified for free lunch. I went on no school field-trips that cost
more than $10 my entire education. I could not use the scholarship I
got to a prestigious private school in my area because my mom couldn't
afford to drive the ten miles each way. One month in my childhood, all
my mom could afford to buy was a starting-to-rot 50lb bag of potatoes,
and so that's what we ate for a month, with odds and ends. Before I
turned 18, we could only afford to take me to the dentist once. I
recieved all my immunizations through government subsidized programs.

My parents pulled all of our furniture out of other people's trash. My
parents were too poor to buy me clothes and shoes, so my grandmother
thrifted them. My parents nor myself ever owned a new bed, but used
the ones passed down to us by other family members. Cell phones and
similar things were recieved in the same way. As a kid, we had a
computer because my mom was good with them, and would salvage
computers that other people put away. My parents never