[ExI] letter

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue May 23 00:04:24 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 11:30 AM,  <BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Trump was a desperate vote to change direction and stop the pain.

That might be a rationalization.  I have discussed the evolved path to
wars many times on this list, including a mathematical model of how
genes fare in stressed populations.  The conventional response by a
stressed population in the stone age was the buildup of xenophobic
memes and the ellevation of irrational leaders.

This is tripped off by a relative decline in the stonage age equlivant
of income per capita or prospects of a bleak future.  I don't think
there is a lot of thought involved.

I don't know if the current situation is a precursor to war or not,
but the first step has certainly been taken.

Keith