[ExI] Translation AI (was dying?)

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 18:29:55 UTC 2017

bill w wrote     > I fully agree.  But a lot of people seem to be so
impatient to hook
> themselves up to PCs and whatnot to improve their abilities, then get
> implants, etc.  What for?

​
adrian wrote
​  ​
​
To improve their abilities, presumably.

​ow if by improve you mean just more storage, I think that's wrong.  That's
why we have the internet and ways to reach any kind of answer we want in a
very short time.  Probably there will a gadget such that we can ask it for
an answer and get it back in a few seconds - something wearable like an
earbud.

What would improve would be an AI implant that catches our cognitive biases
and other errors, does Bayesian calculations​, and so on.  We have plenty
of storage.  We don't have better ways of thinking.  Right now all we can
do is to try to change the brain we have, like your learning to learn
course.

bill w