[ExI] Gravity wave math

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon May 29 21:28:08 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017  Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> Perhaps this equipment have to be too delicate to be reliable. I don't
> know. I know however, that we have a long silence from those instruments.
> As long as they are in the production phase.
>> Just as I've predicted, more than a year ago.

​
That's not quite what happened. On February 9 2016
​ just
2 days
​
before the big LIGO
​
announcement
​
​
commented
​about​
 the upcoming event
​
on this list
​
and said
​
"*The physics world is full of rumors*" and you said "
*It's betting time then!​ I bet​ they will say that NO gravitational waves
have been detected so far*"
​
I responded
​to your post ​
with
​
"
*I​ would bet they are found because generally it's not a good idea to bet
against Einstein*". I won that bet.

And then on June 15 2016 LIGO announced a second detection of gravitational
waves. After that LIGO went offline for 6 months
​due to​
 maintenance.
​

 John K Clark​