[ExI] Pathfinder Moonshot

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 03:46:42 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> --------Heads up to John Clark----------
> Glad to be back John, and glad you're still here. One of the best of the Exi list.  I've always appreciated your uncompromising rigor.

​Stop Jeff​

​I'm blushing!​

 I presume you guys have been alert, and noticed the thorium molten-salt
> reactor(TMSR) business.

​Yes, I think its nuts how little attention ​

​LFTR technology gets, the implications are huge. And there is another
breakthrough involving thorium that has nothing to do with power
generation,
 Thorium-229
​ has the potential to serve at the timing element for a nuclear clock that
would be far more accurate than the atomic clocks we use today; with a GPS
system based on a Thorium nuclear clock you could easily know your position
to a fraction of an inch verses several feet with the current GPS, it would
be so good the navy could use it to land jets on aircraft carriers
automatically. And it could also measure very very small changes in the
gravitational field because the stronger the gravity the slower the clock,
and that would let you make detailed underground maps. There is a small
organization called Nuclock trying to build such a clock:     ​

https://www.nuclock.eu/

By the way have you considered what​ implications a Quantum Computer would
have on crypto currency?

John K Clark