[ExI] female heros?

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:01:34 UTC 2018

Why should we suppose that Uploading would lead to sex addiction? To a
certian degree, sexuality and sexual expression are tied to hormone
production. For example, when very depressed, many people do not engage in
any form of sexual behavior, including maturbation, having neither the
energy nor the interest. On the other hand, testosterone, regardless of its
cause, increases arousal.

So if we were to upload, having no more hormones, we would certianly still
be able to become addicted to sexual pleasure, just like some young men I
know spend more time gratifying themselves sexually than anything else. But
when uploaded, without the reminder of hormones, many people just might not
think about it.

For example, let's say that we all upload. Living in our virtual world
together, we have no need to eat, but it persists for a long time as a well
ingrained social habit. People design their own virtual homes and they
throw virtual dinner parties and everyone enjoys food. Many newly uploaded
people would probably design homes with bathrooms, even though they no
longer need to bathe or use a toilet. Over time, we can imagine that people
would stop designing bathrooms with toilets because they don't need to use
them. How long, do you think, it would be before you realized that one of
your friend's virtual houses had no tiolets?

Or sleep for example. If after uploading humans can sleep and dream, but no
longer require sleep and don't ever get sleepy, how long might it be before
you realized it had been days or weeks or months or maybe even years since
you slept?

I think that after initial experimentation sexually, that quite a few
people, freed from the obligations of hormone directed needs would
generally not think about it after a while. Of course there would still be
enthusiasts and hobbyists and so on.

But people might just not form pair-bonds  or sex or have any interest in
children and things like that after a certian amount of time after being
uploaded.