[ExI] Electoral College

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 20 02:46:56 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Will Steinberg

>…Have some respect and try and learn an iota from others.  I am surprised you have not been banned; that is one of the downfalls of our libertarian-esque guidelines here on this list…

I have gotten plenty of requests to ban all political posts (as my math lists specifically do) but ExI has deep roots in libertarianism.  We have long had the tradition of letting everyone have their say.  I propose we continue in that spirit of the founders.

>… (Spike, you dog! :P)

Hey I resemble that!  Fortunately I like dogs.  Sheesh how can anyone not love ‘em?  They are such fun beasts, such good sports, and how they love us.  It isn’t always clear why exactly, but they do.  Why is it there seems to be exactly one non-human species that just really loves to be with people?  Cats only half-count: they will tolerate humans as long as we supply the kibble in quantity upon demand, but they don’t really love us.  Dogs: goodness, look at how they got nuts when we have been away for a while and come home.  I have seen dogs get so excited when the old man gets home they wet themselves.

We humans need to be more like that.