[ExI] Electoral College

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 20 02:38:16 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2018 5:54 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Electoral College

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 10:58 PM, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com <mailto:steinberg.will at gmail.com> > wrote:

> Most of us don't like Trump whatsoever,

Most on this list, nearly all in fact, liked Trump more than Clinton in 2016 and still do…

Those two statements are compatible and likely true.

>… if you don't like Trump why do you get so upset when I dare to say less than flattering things about him? John K Clark

Because it doesn’t belong here John.  We know the story.  We are living it.  There are pleeeeenty of US political forums with people who follow that kind of thing a lot more closely and intensely than we do, and have far less outside that to talk about.  This forum is about technology, the future, transhumanism, etc, all the things we have in common.  We don’t discuss politics on my math forums or motorcycle forums.  So why here?