[ExI] Electoral College

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 20:03:16 UTC 2018

I had a student ask for some help from me once.  She was going to her
boyfriend's house over the weekend, and would meet his parents. She was
petrified.

I listened to all sort of problems that could occur - she was going to make
a fool of herself in dozens of ways, and so on.

Finally I said "What you are doing is playing the What If game.  Yes, all
sorts of things might happen, and what it they did?  Well it would be bad,
yes.  But you can imagine many things that could go wrong, and you might go
there anxious that they will happen and the consequences if they do.  And
it's endless.  Completely endless."

You are going to worry yourself needlessly until the visit is over.

So she went back to her dorm and, as she later told me, wrote What If on
her mirror, notebook, wall, door.  She decided that she did not want to
play that game anymore as she was driving herself nuts.

bill w