[ExI] Electoral College and 1177 BCE

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 23:37:41 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 5:56 PM Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

> *>>>This is the first time you've mentioned it.  I assumed he found a
>>> golden ticket in his chocolate bar or something.*
>>>

>> Will, doesn't that statistic bother you even a little?
>>

> *Obviously.  But: **1) I can't change the past, and complaining into the
> void is fucking stupid*.

Apparently you think is is also fucking stupid to change things so it
doesn't happen again.

> 2) You'd have to be similarly fucking stupid to think getting rid of the
> electoral college is a good idea.

So you believe it its a good idea  to have some American citizens (cow
owning republicans in small states) have have 70 times the voting power of
other American citizens (bookstore owning democrats in large states). Would
it be a even better idea to have it be 700 not 70? How about 70,000 or
700,000? Would you consider that Fucking brilliant?

 > In fact, it largely HELPS democrats.

The democrats won the popular vote in 2000 and 2016 but the republicans won
the presidency and we won the Iraq War and a ignorant emotional unstable
man with his finger on the nuclear trigger.
And its not just the electoral college,  in 2012 the democrats won 1.4
million more votes for the House of Representatives than the republicans
but due to gerrymandering they won only 201 seats, the republicans got 234
and control.of the House.

t's even worse in the Senate, in 2016 the democrats got 11,093,892 more
votes but won only 44 seats, the republicans got 54 and control of the
Senate.
Helps the democrats my ass!

> *It's much better to have your votes condensed in an unlosable election
> (NY, CA) than to have to win 20 separate elections in middle America.
> Fact.*

I can't make heads or tails out of that statement.

>> How do you envision History will remember the Trump era?
>>
>> Do you think people will be proud to tell their grandchildren "I voted
>> for Trump"?
>>

> *>WHERE are you getting this shit?  *
>

>From somebody who thinks its fucking stupid to talk about these things.
that's where I'm getting this shit.

> *Please stop.*

That plea would be far more effective if it had come at the beginning of a
short post and not at the end of a long one.

Everybody wants to have the last word but I respectfully suggest i
f you
really
want me to stop commenting on this fucking topic then stop responding
to this fucking topic.

John K Clark