[ExI] Canonizer 2.0

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:45:23 UTC 2018

Next, we want to use it for things like global warming.  I can’t wait to
see what kind of consensus people can really find on supposedly important
topics like that.
Now my question is:  who are the people?  National surveys?  Surveys of the
intelligentsia?  Vetting other surveys done by, say, National Science
Foundation or some other like Roper?  If you are going to actually perform
surveys, then you need psychometricians/social psychologists so avoid
asking question in a biased way, or in such a way as to get biased answers,
and to survey people in a statistically appropriate way.

 We want to find, build consensus around, measure it rigorously, what
people agree on  with room for any different points of view.

On the topic of consciousness citing people like Dennett, you are likely to
find high reliability - same answers next year.  On topics like global
warming, you are likely to find variations, sometimes wide, in what people
think today and last year and next year.

I guess some of my concerns are about: are you going to vet other data for
rigor, or are you going to produce raw data and who is going to vet yours?

bill w