[ExI] heart attack while alone

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:01:13 UTC 2018

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 17:25, William Flynn Wallace wrote:

> Hard to have that when you are alone.  Frankly if I thought I was having a heart attack, had called, stopped in the road, whatever, I would do it just in case.  Nobody said it was harmful, did they?  I would pray to every god who ever was named, including Chango.  There is no superstition that I would not try.  Including voodoo.  Let's see, just where did I put my Voodoo Bible?

All the reputable medical sources say it is harmful!
Don't do it - you'll make your situation worse.
Get correct advice on what to do!
Your response shows why those hoax emails are so attractive to people
who don't know what they should do.

Do a search on Cough CPR hoax.
<https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/medical/ask-the-experts/cough-cpr>
Quote:
A heart attack can lead to a cardiac arrest, when your heart stops
pumping blood around your body. You would become unconscious, and
without immediate CPR (chest compressions and rescue breaths), you
would die.

If you are still conscious (and you would have to be to do ‘cough
CPR’), then you are not in cardiac arrest and therefore CPR is not
needed, but urgent medical help is vital.
-------

BillK