[ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:04:04 UTC 2018

Wow. Blame the victim much?

-Dave
I am hardly without sympathies for all the people Europeans slaughtered and
decimated with small pox, though it was just like what always happens with
two cultures with far different technology clash.  What was done in the
British Empire, the European conquest of the Americans, and so on, was
sinful.  But that just goes to show what humans are really like:  if they
can kill off what they deem as enemies (an enemy is someone who is not US),
they will.  Also, they will take their women, children, and turn them into
slaves, plus ripping off whatever they want.  Odysseus was a hero, right?
Raper and killer of women. Plunderer.    Hero!!??

It's not so much blame the victim to me, it's just that they did not have
the right stuff to compete with Europeans.  And still don't.  You can argue
heredity/environment endlessly, but what American Indians have
accomplished, before and after we came, is very little.  Other groups with
mindbending poverty, illness, oppression, and so on in their backgrounds,
have blended in - assimilated.  Not so American Indians.  Look at the
California Vietnamese.  Doughnut czars now.

On the positive side, the Indians now have all the opportunities of modern
society, health care, food stamps, TV, firewater, which they would maybe
never have had had they been left alone for another thousand years.

Dave?  Do you think we owe them endlessly?  Reparations forever?  Hmmm.
Maybe we ought to toss them out of the reservations (breaking yet another
treaty, ho hum), and force them to adapt to modern life.
------

 I would bet you have Irish BillW.

spike
Almost certainly true.  I would say that I would be proud to have Irish
genes, but it would be a lie.  I cannot be proud of something I did not
accomplish.  If I have, it doesn't make me any closer emotionally to the
Irish.

I have no African genes, but my first wife did and so do our children.
Hohum.  Who cares?

bill w