[ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 20:21:52 UTC 2018

n Feb 9, 2018 9:57 AM, "Dave Sill" <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:04 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dave?  Do you think we owe them endlessly?  Reparations forever?

No, we can't undo the damage that's been done. But we can stop inflicting
more and we can leave them the fuck alone.

What exactly would this entail?

One person's "we've done it this way longer than I've been alive" can be
another's "violating our sacred ways", whether or not said ways have slim
to no documentation of actually being ancient.

Likewise, and as an extension, one person's "not inflicting more damage"
can be another's "reparations forever".  Both of them involve one party
being aware of and caring about another for a potentially infinite period
of time ("forever" and "it will never be okay to resume inflicting
damage").  The distinction is whether the one party must give more or
different care and attention to this specific other party than to any other
ordinary fellow member of the first party's civilization.

They are part of our society.  It can no longer be otherwise.  To leave
them alone would be to expel them and forbid all further contact, an
impossible task (and even if it were possible, morally dubious at best).

To not inflict further damage requires defining what constitutes further
damage.  Most clarifications I have seen of this, quickly reduce to endless
repstations - whatever the victims, or more often their self-appointed
guardians, demand each day.