[ExI] Psychedelics Are Going Mainstream, Because the Mainstream Needs Them

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 07:56:47 UTC 2018

"Enter psychedelics. In the past several years, the use of substances like
MDMA, psilocybin, ibogaine and ayahuasca in treating the root of myriad
health issues has become a white hot topic, with outlets from*The Wall
Street Journal*
<https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-science-of-psychedelics-1525360091> to
 *Stars and Stripes*
<https://www.stripes.com/news/ecstasy-deemed-breakthrough-therapy-for-ptsd-1.485180>
 covering the so-called psychedelic revolution. In last year’s *A Really
Good Day: **How Microdosing Made a Mega Difference in My Mood, My Marriage,
and My Life*
<https://www.amazon.com/Really-Good-Day-Microdosing-Difference/dp/0451494091>
* , *Ayelet Waldman explored the benefits of ingesting tiny amounts of LSD.
Michael Pollan’s new book *How to Change Your Mind: **What the New Science
of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction,
Depression, and Transcendence*
<https://www.amazon.com/Change-Your-Mind-Consciousness-Transcendence/dp/1594204225>looks
at the emerging science of psychedelics. Once considered the realm of
kooks, burnouts and that one ex boyfriend who spent a chunk of his 20s
following Widespread Panic, psychedelics have hit the mainstream, because,
as Carlin, Lourido Ali and many MAPS researchers argue, the mainstream
desperately needs them. "

“People are seeking meaning, purpose, personal growth, development,
mindfulness and expansion, and there’s also a huge desire to heal,” says
Carlin. “With psychedelics, we can sometimes borrow the courage to look at
parts of ourselves we don't want to consider because they're not pretty.
Psychedelics can also give us the inspiration to embody love and to
celebrate. Humans need celebration.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bj3ezm/psychedelics-are-going-mainstream-because-the-mainstream-needs-them