[ExI] ?What would ?Kim Jong-un? do??

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed May 2 05:26:31 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 7:25 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 8:32 PM, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
>> There is no redo mechanism in the constitution,
>
> But if Trump doesn't win in 2020

We're not worried about this tactic being used to defeat Trump.  We're
worried about Trump using it to win.

"Okay everyone, my opponent just conceded.  Here's a video clip.  So
nobody bother to go vote for anyone but me."

If there were questions about his legitimacy just for not winning the
popular vote, this kind of tactic could spark a civil war, regardless
of who wins the election.  (Even if he loses, there will be those who
sincerely believe - no matter what - that he was the only one still
running, because TV said so.)

And worse, if he uses it to sway Congressional races toward whichever
politician (R, D, or otherwise) he likes in a given race.