[ExI] Science or Scientism?

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:10:25 UTC 2018

> If God existed, that is to say a intelligence who created and operates the world, then Teleology, the idea everything has a purpose or goal, should be one of the fundamental aspects of physics; a world with Teleology should exhibit different phenomenon than a world without it and so should be accessible to the scientific method.   john clark

Well, I think that considering God is the “intelligence that created and operates the world” is not the only kind of “god” which people have faith in, though it would be the popular conception many people have under the influence of Abrahamic faith.
There are other ways to view god/gods.
So one could deny this type of creator/organizer God, while still keeping having a different type of conception of ‘god’.
For example, animism.
Or the view that gods are like people in a sense: sentient beings that are born, live, and die in a cycle.
Perhaps there is no creator God (certainly I don’t believe in one) but I have faith in what might be called “lesser gods”.