[ExI] Science or Scientism?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:28:22 UTC 2018

If God existed, that is to say a intelligence who created and operates the
world, then Teleology, the idea everything has a purpose or goal, should be
one of the fundamental aspects of physics; a world with Teleology should
exhibit different phenomenon than a world without it and so should be
accessible to the scientific method.   john clark

I don't see how that follows, though certainly it could.  The idea that god
has a purpose doesn't mean that we have one.

I have measured this one myself:  could a vine have the purpose of
climbing?  It looks that way.  If you don't give it something to climb it
sort of sits there; whereas if you do, then it grows much more rapidly up
the support.

I am stumped at the idea of how teleology could influence phenomena.  How
could you measure that?
  bill w