[ExI] camp fire: was RE: Transparent Society problem

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Nov 17 17:37:03 UTC 2018

>>...[Stross wrote] "The Clinic Seed," ... the human race biologically extinct... as an outcome of optimal sex machines... Keith

Hey, now there's a terrific name for a rock band.

A bit of levity is appropriate in a difficult situation.

>...https://www.680news.com/2018/11/16/california-wildfires-update-missing/

Quote:
>...The number of people unaccounted for grew from 631 on Thursday night to more than 1,000 on Friday, but Sheriff Kory Honea said the list was dynamic and could easily contain duplicate names and unreliable spellings of names. BillK

Ja.  Paradise CA is the perfect storm: a retirement community, plenty of people up there have no internet presence; a lot of them don't even have email.  Many residents have no regular appointments and don't live up there year around.  It isn't clear how to systematically figure out if they are missing in action.  People far away are wondering where they are, but this is nearly useless without some kind of public-domain or public access database where we can enter names and data on where last we heard from people who might have been up there when the fire burned the place.