[ExI] [H+M] Request: List of Transhumanist Organizations and Books written by H+ers

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Oct 4 15:26:07 UTC 2018

Excellent! Thank you.

From: hplusmembers at googlegroups.com <hplusmembers at googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Andres Grases
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 7:59 AM
To: hplusmembers at googlegroups.com; humanityplusboard at googlegroups.com; 'ExI chat list' <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: RE: [H+M] Request: List of Transhumanist Organizations and Books written by H+ers

Hi Natasha,

In my website there are four sections that may help you find in one place a good chunk of the info you’re looking for.

Please consider that the organizations and books I include in these sections are not exclusively on the strict realm of transhumanism, but also around emerging technologies in general, with an emphasis on longevity and life extension. It’s very likely that not all of them fit into what you need, but I’m confident you will find many references that may meet your criteria.

For Associations and Foundations in general take a look here:

http://transhumanplus.com/15-associations-and-foundations/

For Research Institutions here:

http://transhumanplus.com/16-research-institutions/

For books here:

http://transhumanplus.com/books/

In the specific field of Cryonics I have these Associations listed:

http://transhumanplus.com/associations/

Just in case it may also be of your interest, I have a list of films and a list of magazines that relate in one way or another to transhumanism and/or emerging technologies:

Films:

http://transhumanplus.com/films/

Magazines:

http://transhumanplus.com/magazines/

In the case of Alcor Life Extension Foundation, I have it listed in the section “Association and Foundations” (the first list above), and also in the sub-section “Service Providers” of the section “Cryonics/Cryopreservation” of my website.  Actually, I’m not quite sure if it fits better as part of the list “Associations and Foundations” in general, or in the list of “Service Providers” of the section “Cryonics/Cryopreservation”, or in both, as I have it listed now.

Hope you find the above links somehow useful for your work. Please do not hesitate to reach me if you have any questions.

Regarding the case of Alcor Life Extension Foundation, I would appreciate any comment from you or from Dr. Max More to what I described.

Thanks,

Andrés Grases Briceño

Mechanical Engineer, MBA

(+34) 610 119 185