[ExI] [H+M] Request: List of Transhumanist Organizations and Books written by H+ers

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Oct 4 22:09:58 UTC 2018

Hi Andres and all -

I went over the Associations and Foundations and selected groups that are relevant to transhumanism. I removed groups that are outdated or not directly related to transhumanism, per se, and added a few new information. Some of the text needs to be changed from Spanish to English, etc.  If I did not list your book or organization, please email me right away!

ORGANIZATIONS

Alcor Life Extension Foundation

Asociación Transhumanista Latinoamericana

Association Française Transhumaniste

Christian Transhumanist Association

Future of Humanity Institute

Humanity+

Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies

Longevity Alliance

Life Extension Foundation

Lifeboat Foundation

London Futurists

Longevity Bridge

Maximum Life Foundation

Millennial Project

Methuselah Foundation

Mormon Transhumanist Association

Network Transumanisti Italiani

OpenCog Foundation | Building better minds together

RescueElders | Society for the Rescue of Our Elders

SENS Research Foundation

The Brain Preservation Foundation

Transhumanism Australia

U.S. Transhumanist Party

World Future Society

BOOKS

1312 Paradiso, Divine Comedy, Inferno (1320). | Dante Alighieri

1949 The Cocktail Party | T.S. Eliot

1957 New Bottles for New Wine | Julian Huxley

1959 The Future of Man | Teilhard de  Chardin

1972 Man into Superman: The Startling Potential of Human Evolution And How To Be Part of It | Robert Ettinger

1973 Up-Wingers: A Futurist Manifesto by F. M. Esfandiary

1987 Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology | K. Eric Drexler

1989 Are You a Transhuman? Monitoring and Stimulating Your Personal Rate of Growth in a Rapidly Changing World | FM Esfandiary (aka 2030)

1994 How and Why We Age | Leonard Hayflick

1995 The Hedonistic Imperative | David Pearce

1998 Last Flesh: Life in the Transhuman Era | Christopher Dewdney

1999 The Mitochondrial Free Radical Theory of Aging | Aubrey De Grey

2001 The Age of Spiritual Machines: When Computers Exceed Human Intelligence by Kurzweil

2002 Our Posthuman Future: Consequences of the Biotechnology Revolution | Francis Fukuyama

2002 Redesigning Humans: Choosing our genes, changing our future | Gregory Stock

2002 The Quest for Immortality: Science at the Frontiers of Aging by S. Jay Olshansky

2004 Citizen Cyborg: Why Democratic Societies Must Respond To The Redesigned Human Of The Future

2004 Soft Machines: Nanotechnology and Life | Richard A. L. Jones

2005 Designer Evolution: A Transhumanist Manifesto | Simon S. Young

2005 Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough to Live Forever by Kurzweil

2005 Radical Evolution: The Promise and Peril of Enhancing Our Minds, Our Bodies and What It Means to Be Human | Joel Garreau

2005 The Prospect of Immortality: Robert C. W. Ettinger, Charles Tandy, R. Michael Perry

2006 The End of History and the Last Man | Francis Fukuyama

2006 The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology by Kurzweil

2007 Ending Aging: The Rejuvenation Breakthroughs That Could Reverse Human Aging in Our Lifetime by Aubrey De Grey

2007 The Emotion Machine by Marvin Minsky

2009 Nanotechnology and Society | Fritz Allhoff, Patrick Lin

2009 Transcend: Nine Steps to Living Well Forever | Ray Kurzweil; Terry Grossman

2011 Humanity 2.0: What It Means to Be Human Past, Present and Future | Steve Fuller

2011 Transhumanism and Its Critics | (numerous authors)

2012 (Reprint Edition) An Optimist’s Tour of the Future | Mark Stevenson

2012 How to Create a Mind: The Secret of Human Thought Revealed by Kurzweil

2013 El fin del envejecimiento | Aubrey De Grey

2013 Humanity Enhanced: Genetic Choice and the Challenge for Liberal Democracies | Russell Blackford

2013 Radical Abundance: How a Revolution in Nanotechnology Will Change Civilization | Eric Drexler

2013 The Transhumanist Reader | Natasha Vita-More & Max More

2013 The Transhumanist Wager eBook | Zoltan Istvan

2014 A History of Life-Extensionism in the Twentieth Century | Ilia Stambler

2014 Abundance: The Future is Better Than You Think | Peter H. Diamandis, Steven Kotler

2014 Intelligence Unbound: The Future of Uploaded and Machine Minds | Russell Blackford, Damien Broderick

2014 Regenesis: How Synthetic Biology Will Reinvent Nature and Ourselves | Ed Regis, George Church

2014 Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies | Nick Bostrom

2015 A Dangerous Master: How to Keep Technology from Slipping Beyond Our Control | Wendell Wallach

2015 Aging: The Longevity Dividend by S. Jay Olshansky

2015 Exponential Organizations by Salim Ismail

2015 Surviving AI: The promise and peril of artificial intelligence | Calum Chace

2015 Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Elon Musk

2016 Advancing Conversations: Advocate For An Indefinite Human Lifespan by D. Lain, A. de Grey

2016 AGI Revolution: An Inside View of the Rise of Artificial General Intelligence | Ben Goertzel

2016 Cracking the Aging Code | Josh Mitteldorf, Dorion Sagan

2016 Machine Ethics and Robot Ethics | Wendell Wallach

2016 Technoprog (Présence/Essai) by Didier Coeurnelle

2016 The Abolition of Aging: The forthcoming radical extension of healthy human longevity by D. Wood

2016 The Economic Singularity: Artificial intelligence and the death of capitalism | Calum Chace

2016 The Ethics of Human Enhancement: Understanding the Debate | Steve Clarke, Julian Savulescu

2017 Abolición del envejecimiento | David Wood

2017 Abundance by Peter H. Diamandis

2017 Can Biotechnology Abolish Suffering? | David Pearce, Magnus Vinding

2017 Juvenescence: Investing in the age of longevity | Mellon Jim, Chalabi Al

2017 Mejoramiento Humano: Julián Savulescu, Nick Bostrom

2017 Science Fiction and the Moral Imagination: Visions, Minds, Ethics | Russell Blackford

2018 Artificial Intelligence and the Two Singularities | Calum Chace

2018 La muerte de la muerte: La posibilidad científica de la inmortalidad física y su defensa moral | José Luis Cordeiro, David Wood

Thanks,

Natasha