[ExI] Spike, please ban John Clark IMMEDIATELY

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 13 13:53:07 UTC 2018

Gentlemen,

We know: the USA is a nuclear-armed nation deep in an internal civil culture war.  We know: it’s uncomfortable and dangerous.  We know: there are people on all sides of it, because there are more than two sides.  We know: plenty of us went thru some deep crises in about May and June of 2016, recognizing this whole thing cannot turn out well.  And we know there are better forums than ours for this kind of discussion.  See PredictIt.  You can even make money there.  Or lose money there.  Cool!

I propose we deal with it this way: all political discussions should be at a meta level, which doesn’t require the use of names at all, and probably very little mention of any particular party.

Do what you can do to express your views in a concrete way if you are a yank: vote.

Don’t insult those you perceive as being not on your side of the current culture war (they may not really be on the other side (or even a different side (for this too shall pass (it did in the 1960s.))))

Exploring ideas is always a good thing.  We don’t need to get down in the mud.  So stay clean, vote if you are a yank, be a political activist on a political activist site if you wish.

Here’s a place to express your politics, have fun and make money (I am positive about 73 bucks so far this year):

https://www.predictit.org/

spike