[ExI] From Arms Race to Joint Venture

Zero Powers zero.powers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:35:43 UTC 2018

Any scenario that ultimately leaves judicial decisions in the hands of AI
strikes me as dystopian. An unstated, yet integral, aspect of human notions
of justice is the concept of empathy. Any adjudicative ruling made by an
agent which has no ability to empathize with the parties and witnesses will
never feel like justice to us, however sound the ruling might be.

When the powers-that-be begin to delegate the adjudication of human civil
disputes and, especially, criminal penalties to non-human agents, I believe
many of us will be ready to enlist the services of Sarah and John Connor...

*0**0*