[ExI] evolution problems

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:12:41 UTC 2018

On Sep 14, 2018, at 12:27 PM, Henrik Ohrstrom <henrik.ohrstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bats and moths have evolved together, probably starting with normal sounds for both and escalation and arms race as the logical result.
> If it was a case of intelligent design we would se the usual signs of a design committee, inside out retinas, brains rotated and mirrored, air and fluid pathways crossing each other and so on.
> /Henrik

I was going to say something like that: bat
ancestors likely didn’t start off with the highly developed echo-location, but had to coevolve this with prey (and others) that we’re trying to avoid being a meal. It was likely an arms race rather than the moths being plunked down with already sophisticated bats...

However, this is simply a “just so” story. To figure out how the moths evolved their countermeasures, one would have to actually look at and analyze what data there is on moth evolution.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst