[ExI] antiscience from both sides

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 09:24:22 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 3:52 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Examples of right-wing anti-science:
>
>    1. Creationism.
>
> ### Well, yeah, this is the one real right-wing piece of science denial on
this list.

>    1. Global warming denialism.
>
> ### So say the same leftists who corrupted climate science, expelled
independent scientists, silenced opposition, forged data and colluded in
hiring activists into positions of power.

------------------

>    1. Anti-environmentalism generally.
>
> ### So it's anti-scientific to be a humanist, someone who sees value in
humans, and not in the "environment"?

-----------------

-------------------

>    1. Rejection of epidemiology as it pertains to sex, pregnancy, and
>    sexually transmitted disease.
>
> ### Right wingers claim that homosexuality and promiscuity do not
contribute to the risk of STDs, don't they?

---------------

>    1. Rejection of genetics, neurology, and psychology as they pertain to
>    sex and gender.
>
> ### No, really? Rejection of the science of gender is one of the most
prominent features of modern leftist identity, not right-identity, at least
among whites.

-----------------

>    1. Pseudo-biological justifications for racism and sexism.
>
> ### Really? So the gender and grievance studies departments that fabricate
justifications for institutionalized leftist racism (like affirmative
action) or sexism (title IX) are in fact staffed by right-wingers?

------------------

----------------------

> Examples of left-wing anti-science:
>
>    1. Anti-GMO hysteria.
>    2. Opposition to nuclear power under any and all circumstances.
>    3. Other extremes of environmentalism, with predictions of immediate
>    doom rather than slow long-term change.
>    4. Opposition to space exploration: “why are we spending money up
>    there when people are starving down here?”
>
> ### This is letting leftists off the hook so easily. What about
IQ-denialism, race-denialism, opposition to climate engineering,
gender-denialism, attacks on STEM and Western science as racist or sexist?

It's sad when a piece of leftist propagandizing presents itself as balanced
centrism. The Overton window is so far left it fell out of the house.

Rafal