[ExI] First Picture of a Black Hole!

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 12:05:12 UTC 2019

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 9:36 PM Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

* >* Einstein says there is a point of infinite density at the center
>> although Quantum Mechanics disagrees. Nobody knows who's right.
>

> * > Probably quantum mechanics.*

That is certainly the conventional approach. People, including Einstein,
have been monkeying around with General Relativity for a century trying to
make it fit in with Quantum Mechanics and all have failed. And meanwhile
unmodified General Relativity has passed with flying colors every
experimental test thrown at it even the ones in recent years involving
super intense gravitational fields. Maybe it's time to try things from the
other direction and leave General Relativity alone and start monkeying
around with Quantum Mechanics to make it compatible with General Relativity.

* > My argument is mathematical and goes as follows: Dividing a finite mass
> by zero volume is not an infinite density, it  is a mathematically
> UNDEFINED density. *

Mathematics is a language, the best language ever found for describing the
workings of nature but there is no reason to think it's perfect. Nature is
the way it is and doesn't care if humans have defined something or not. And
besides, Einstein's theory may produce nonsense at one point (the center of
a Black Hole) but Quantum Mechanics produces nonsense at every point, it
says every volume in a vacuum has an infinite matter/energy density (or if
one makes the assumption unsupported by evidence that spacetime is
quantized then not infinite but *only* 10^120 times the density of lead)
and thus produces a infinite gravitational field (or a gravitational field
10^120 stronger that what lead can produce).

If we could come up with a theory that could describe how everything works
everywhere except at the mathematical point at the center of a Black Hole
that would be a huge advance.

John K Clark