[ExI] Opinions on Tesla Model 3?

Bill Hibbard hibbard at wisc.edu
Fri Apr 19 20:31:24 UTC 2019

I recently had the opportunity to drive a friend's Tesla
Model 3 Dual Motor Performance. It's very tempting:
1. Self driving seems to work.
2. Very smart and helpful map display and other internal
    electronics.
3. Expensive to buy but cheap to operate.
4. Last but surely not least: performance equal to the
    fastest motorcycle I owned in my youth. Zero to 60
    in about 3 seconds without the noise and frantic gear
    shifting. Just pressed back in the seat and you're over
    the speed limit quicker than the reaction time of your
    foot on the accelerator.

While we're waiting for significant biological enhancement,
a vehicle can feel like an extension of your body. This
Tesla is a very seductive extension.

But, is buying a Tesla a good idea? Any advice?

Bill