[ExI] Update on the Hawaiian observatory shutdown

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:23:09 UTC 2019

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 5:48 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <

>  If anger never has a useful purpose why do all animals have that emotion,
> why did it evolve?

This is perhaps the WORST argument I've ever heard JKC make, and really
shows the grasping at straws.  Yes John, everything that ever evolved is
completely useful for all those who inherited it.  Now if you'll excuse me,
I have an appointment to get my appendix taken out.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 2:47 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> And now I have a question that I find completely bewildering. Can somebody
> explain to me why nearly every member of this list feels they have a moral
> duty to find excuses for these anti-scientific blockheads?

No; it's not like you would ever accept an explanation.  Since the rest of
the list thinks so, maybe we are right.  Deal with it ;P

I'd also like to see you disprove the Hawaiians' claims. ;)  And no,
Russell's Teapot is not a good argument, just to head you off on that one