[ExI] Humans are a uniquely dangerous species

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 02:33:59 UTC 2019

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 11:58 PM Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyway this is just to say that extreme power hierarchies (such as
> slavery) can exist without any physical technology.  That technology makes
> enforcement much easier, but a slave class could be created by early
> tool-less humans.

### Sure, under some special circumstances slavery should be possible
without these additional technologies I discussed earlier but in general
hunter-gatherers are not likely to keep slaves, much less create a
genetically distinct slave lineage.

Soon though the technology will exist to genetically create slaves. I
recently read a delightful book, Derek Künsken's "The Quantum Magician",
where genetic slavery figures quite prominently, and adds some very
surprising but logically satisfying twists to the plot.

I just purchased the sequel, "The Quantum Garden".

Rafal