[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 195, Issue 5

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 00:30:13 UTC 2019

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 3:46 PM  BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > If you wonder where the drive for business and industry from western
> > Europeans came from, that it.
> >

> Maybe - but.......
> There were many thousands of more poor people reproducing than well
> off people, so more poor in total would survive.

That's not what the contemporary probate records show.  Over that
time, the well off genetically displaced the poor.  See the section on
"downward social mobility.".  True, the poor had children, but they
died in droves in the frequent famines.  I probably can't get you to
read "genetically capitalist". but if you are not going to read it,
should you be making unjustified comments?

> Inherited wealth and
> better education helped the well off keep at the top of the heap.

Clark makes the case that it was genetics, particularly such traits as
being willing to wait for a reward and whatever human genes are behind
literacy and numeracy.

The selection was as intense as that applied to the tame Russian foxes.

Keith