[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 195, Issue 5

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 01:09:52 UTC 2019

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 at 00:33, Keith Henson via extropy-chat

> That's not what the contemporary probate records show.  Over that
> time, the well off genetically displaced the poor.  See the section on
> "downward social mobility.".  True, the poor had children, but they
> died in droves in the frequent famines.  I probably can't get you to
> read "genetically capitalist". but if you are not going to read it,
> should you be making unjustified comments?
>
> Clark makes the case that it was genetics, particularly such traits as
> being willing to wait for a reward and whatever human genes are behind
> literacy and numeracy.
>
> The selection was as intense as that applied to the tame Russian foxes.

As you well know, Clark's claims have been much criticised.
He is not a geneticist, he is an economist. He has no genetic evidence
at all for his claims.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Farewell_to_Alms>

Doubtless the rich enjoy being told that they deserve to be rich due
to superior genetics and the poor deserve to live in poverty.

BillK