[ExI] Chalmers

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 22:09:53 UTC 2019

Someone in an earlier post, said that he was their favorite philosopher.  I
see in a recent Aeon article that he thinks consciousness is an illusion
and is a dualist.

I would love to see the day when metaphysical explanations are entirely in
the past, but probably won't.

So - it's an illusion.  Does that mean that I think I am seeing typed words
on my laptop screen but actually I am not?

In the same article it seems that the terms 'sensation and perception' are
no longer used, in favor of 'access consciousness' and 'phenomenal
consciousness'.  How are these terms any improvement other than to get
further away from the common person's understanding?  ("Have to be esoteric
or people will think we are full of shit."  which possibly they are)

bill w