[ExI] Fwd: Chalmers

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 14:36:34 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 7:33 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> What would you like to see done in intelligence research?

I'm not complaining, thanks to the Free Market there is already plenty of
intelligence research done in Silicon Valley and elsewhere because doing so
has a tendency to make people ridiculously rich so it needs no
encouragement by me. I'm just saying that those who like to develop
intricate consciousness theories would do better if they tried to figure
out better ways to make something intelligent instead because doing so just
might make them a billionaire and if they're successful at producing
intelligence they'll get consciousness automatically as a free bonus.

 John K Clark