[ExI] The Thirty Meter Telescope is now officially dead

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 18:17:32 UTC 2019

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 11:20 AM Darin Sunley via extropy-chat <

*> The solution, of course, is to acquire ownership of or access to
> desirable mountaintop real estate through means other than violently
> overthrowing the local government and putting the entire population to work
> on banana plantations.* [...] *If we can learn one lesson from the last
> couple of hundred years, it's* [...]

I'll tell you exactly what can be learned, if you go back a couple of
hundred years you may find reasons why the current behavior of certain
people is stupid barbaric and parochial, however that doesn't make such
behavior one bit less stupid barbaric and parochial. But some things
haven't been learned, neither I or you or even the protestors understands
how learning less about the universe will make up for injustices that were
committed centuries ago.

John K Clark