[ExI] utah: RE: Frank Jackson's brilliant color scientist Mary

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 21:25:05 UTC 2019

This is not hard abstract rocket science.  It is as simple as when your
preschool teacher pointed to the red crayon and said: "THAT is red."
[probably in your case said: THAT is (255,0,0)] ;)

In other words, both (255, 0, 0) and "red" are not physically red.  You
need to point to something and say: "THAT is red" to provide a physical
definition to those abstract terms.  You may then say when I tell my screen
(255,0,0) it emits "red" light, and this defines (255,0,0) physically.  But
you still need to distinguish between red light and knowledge of red light
in our brains.  A little more complex, but only twice as hard as the
trivial "THAT crayon is (255,0,0)" and certainly not the "hard mind body
problem" everyone incorrectly thinks it is.

Your partner's qualitative knowledge of (255,0,0) could be === to your
physical knowledge of (0,255,0).  (you often handle way more than 1 level
of dereference in rocket science, right?)

(=== represents the "3. strongest" form of effing the ineffable) In that
case there is a neural ponytail
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ru9fw7szQw> computationally binding the
actual physical knowledge in your partner's brain so you can directly
experienced it all, not just half.  In other words you will be directly
aware of the the physical redness in your partners brain, the same as both
of her hemispheres are directly aware that physical redness in one
hemisphere is === to the physical redness in her other.

"=" means connected with a wire that can communicate abstractly.  The
receiver must qualitatively interpret the wired (255, 0, 0) abstract data
correctly.  Knowing the physical definition of (255,0,0) is the "1. week
form" of effing the ineffable.

"===": connected with a computational binding system so you can directly
experience the actual physics on both sides of the connection at the same
time as a unified composite conscious experience of both redness and
greenness.  This is what the corpus callosum does when it enables you to
experience physical knowledge in both hemispheres of your brain at the same
time as one composite qualitative experience of a rainbow filling both
halves of your visual field.