[ExI] The Thirty Meter Telescope is now officially dead

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 01:39:22 UTC 2019

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 1:26 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <extropy
-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> Merely opposing evil will not get evil people to stop their ways.  If
> there are enough of them with enough power, then in order to accomplish
> good, one must plan for how to convert them to good.  Understanding their
> evil is necessary to get them to convert.
>
> In other words, mere blind opposition of opposing views will not work in
> some cases.  This is one of them.

 ### You are right but then I am somewhat fatalistic when it comes to this
particular case and while I deplore the losses suffered by our side in the
conflict, I am not sufficiently invested in astronomy to do more than just
gripe and condemn our enemies on this list. I doubt you could convert Mr
Momoa to the side of goodness and progress. I'd rather choose my battles
and engage in activism to e.g.  protect our rights to genetic testing,
since this issue is much closer to my heart.