[ExI] you asked for it -here it is

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 20:46:43 UTC 2019

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 2:43 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> There is no reason why e.g. a protein changing conformation should be
> barred from association with a quale.  I am tired of electric magic amd
> mystery.  The brain is far more than electricity.
>
> If you are right, then dreams of copying neural networks to reproduce a
> mind, is just that, a dream.  bill w

Why is that?  Why would we not be able to simulate the same processes in a
computer?  Surely you don't think the reason a computer should be able to
emulate a mind is because they both...use electricity???  It's because of
the underlying mathematics, I thought.