[ExI] watt was that?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 13:09:15 UTC 2019

Bill, being an appeaser just doesn't work, when dealing with a power hungry
bully, like the Communist Party of China. They will view your
"enlightenment" as encouragement to engage in more and more covert and open
aggression against the West, and our values such as democracy and civil
liberty. It didn't work with Hitler, or the Soviets...

The people of Taiwan must not be abandoned, and if they were, it would send
a message to all of our allies, that we were weak, and not to be trusted,
in the face of an ever stronger China.

It's reassuring to think the hardline PRC hold on their people will lessen,
but considering the current leader for life, and his moves to take things
old school, but with cutting edge tech to control his citizens, and also to
focus on building a military to rival ours, we are on track for an eventual
war.

China feels they must conquer Taiwan, to finish a war of unification, but
we must protect Taiwan, to maintain our reputation of strength, for a world
growingly fearful of China's tyranny.

I think even if Taiwan is peaceably absorbed by China (extremely unlikely),
that we will still not avoid a cold war rivaling anything we had with the
old Soviet Union. I can only hope that China will eventually mature, and
not be an enemy to the West, but that could take a long time.

On Sunday, December 29, 2019, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <