[ExI] Bone marrow and aging

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 07:45:41 UTC 2019

No clue if this has been discussed before, but I’m currently taking a medical class.

It was news to me that as one gets older, one has less red marrow (for producing red blood cells).

I took a quick look, and it seems that the mechanism here is not well understood, but is not generally considered terribly important.

I begin to wonder what role it plays in the aging process as a whole. Perhaps it is something important to study in terms of life extension research?

SR Ballard