[ExI] Sunday Creationist

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 16:40:42 UTC 2019

One person getting upset at your post, no, of course not. That would be
ridiculous. But 200 million "flyover country" folk getting tired of 100+
years of urban media culture that holds them in naked contempt, of which
your repost of that comic is an enthusiasticly complicit drop in the
tsunami? Yeah, that just might do it. And I would personally rather that
didn't happen. I like having stocked grocery stores.

We need them a lot more than they need us. And they have started to figure
that out.

Assuming no singularity, someone will still be farming central Kansas ten
thousand years from now. There is no such guarantee that any major city
will exist, anywhere. In the long run, they win. And rightly so.

When the cities hate the farmers, the cities will lose. Even going full
Stalin on them only staves off the inevitable.

"Lock her up" terrifies you? Where the heck do you think it's coming from??
Rural voters who noticed that the Democrat candidate for President held
them in naked contempt and expected them to vote for her anyways. You wanna
stop that from happening? It's real easy. You, and about a hundred million
more like you, just need to get out of the habit of sneering at "rednecks"
for fun.

Frankly, I'm not optimistic.