[ExI] ???

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jun 10 17:52:07 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 10:40 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: [ExI] ???

I have never in my life run across such a crazy idea,but apparently it is fairly widespread.

The idea is that vision is accomplished by the eyes sending some sort of rays out to world and perhaps reflecting back to the eyes to be seen.

Have any of you run across this?  I have heard of some crazy things in my life, but this is now #1.

bill w

Crazy idea?  Many of the ancient Greek philosophers held this, making it standard theory up until the time of Sir Isaac Newton himself.

The notion was that in blind people, a damaged eye could no longer emit the rays.  They even had evidence: the cloudy white stuff on the eyes of blind people were blocking the rays from going out.