[ExI] big paws

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jun 20 17:45:51 UTC 2019

Wouldn't this be fun toy?

https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/robotics-hardware/video-friday-
amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-dexterous-robot-hands?utm_campaign=Artificial%2BIntell
igence%2BWeekly
<https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/robotics-hardware/video-friday
-amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-dexterous-robot-hands?utm_campaign=Artificial%2BIntel
ligence%2BWeekly&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Artificial_Intelligence_Weekly_
111> &utm_medium=email&utm_source=Artificial_Intelligence_Weekly_111

We could have a version of this which could be used to build rock walls and
stuff, using a scaled-up hand with the arm articulated as our
shoulder/elbow/wrist/finger arrangement.  That would be a kick in the ass,
ja?

We could scale it both directions: it could be scaled down to use as a
medical or surgical device, or go places where you don't want to put your
own paw, or what have ya (I don't think I need to offer detail please.)

We could do Brobdingnaging Olympics Giant Rassling or Micro Games with them,
or use them to create manufacturing procedures kinda like a physical 3-D
version of a macro: you train it thru the motions, it programs on the fly
and can repeat endlessly.  Something like that would be great for assembly
lines and such.

One would think with all that money Bezos could afford a decent pair of
pants.  I would donate a pair of mine to the poor waif, but I am taller and
waaay thinner than he is.