[ExI] Red and green qualia

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 23:59:37 UTC 2019

OK well, do let BillW’s tragic story be a warning.  He too retired, and
found himself with far too much time on his hands.  It started out as just
having a little fun, but got worse and still worse until he was found in
the gutter, reading entire books about… cod.

spike

Guilty.  I wonder how many books Spike has on bees......  Just finished
Thomas Sowell's  'A Conflict of Visions', revised version (did not take
sides).  He uses the terms 'constrained' and 'unconstrained'.  I have not
seen those before.  You?

Parents - when my kids were growing up Time-Life had two series:  Nature,
and SCience.  I read each one in both series before passing them along to
the kids (that's where I read a whole book on water).  Great stuff.  Makes
me wonder just what is out there in terms of books about science and nature
for kids  - say, 6 to 12.  Or has the web killed those?

bill w